20 January 2012

Ken Coleborn, RIP


Ken Coleborn, my father, died recently -- earlier this week, in fact. I was reminded of a very old photo he sent me a couple of years ago of his father Arthur (my grandfather). The photo was in a poor state and he (Dad) hoped I could PhotoShop it (or tweak it) to remove the creases and stains. Above right is the original, left the corrected image (meant to be sepia toned). Father was very pleased with the result.

I never knew my Grandfather -- he died before I was born. My Grandmother had remarried by the time I entered this world, to a man called Charlie Thoumine. It took me a long time before I figured out why my father's parents were not called Coleborn. Charlie Thoumine originally came from Guernsey or Jersey, one of the Channel Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment